This year has been exciting for the birth community in the North Country. We’ve grown, strengthened, and raised awareness. This has happened through a growing facebook group focused on local birth conversations; in-person Birth Circles; and the interest of our local community. I’m excited to see more people join our community as parents and providers who support birth choices and empowering families through their birth experience.
Let’s see what 2018 brings!
New Year’s Goals for Brown Eyed Doula and Photographer:
- Provide judgement free support for families during the transition period of pregnancy, birth, and postpartum.
- Connect birthing families with needed local resources
- Bring together birth-related service providers to encourage a more holistic approach to care
- Continue to host free Birth Circles monthly
- Encourage conversation around birth in our community
- Provide evidence-based information to families who are expecting, birthing, and parenting.
- Begin offering child birth education classes
- Raise awareness and advocate in the community around birth
If you are passionate about birth too and want to be part of the awesome birth community that is growing and evolving in the North Country – let’s connect! Drop me a note and let’s see what we can do in 2018 for birthing families in our community.